Traveling by air can be an exciting experience, but it often comes with its fair share of expenses. One cost that travelers often overlook until they arrive at the airport is parking so don’t let your Tucson International Airport parking experience put a damper on your trip.
Let’s take a look at the various parking options at Tucson International Airport along with the costs, as well as provide tips on how to save money on airport parking.
Tucson International Airport Parking Options
TUS offers several parking options to accommodate the diverse needs of travelers. These options include:
- Hourly Parking: Located closest to the terminal, the Hourly Parking lot is convenient for short stays. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers or for quick business trips. However, convenience comes at a price, and the hourly rate can add up quickly.
- Daily Parking: For travelers who need to park for a longer duration, the Daily Parking lots provide a more cost-effective option compared to the hourly lots. They are still within a reasonable walking distance from the terminal, making them suitable for most travelers.
- Economy Parking: The Economy Parking lot is a budget-friendly choice for extended stays. While it is further from the terminal, a complimentary shuttle service runs 24/7, ensuring that passengers can reach the terminal without hassle. This option is popular among cost-conscious travelers.
- Valet Parking: For travelers who want the utmost convenience, valet parking is available at Tucson International Airport. This service allows passengers to drop off their vehicles at the terminal entrance, and the airport staff will take care of parking. While it’s the most convenient option, it’s also the most expensive.
- Off-site parking: No other option is as convenient as off-site parking. Book your parking spot with a participating service provider through a platform like OneStopParking and enjoy competitive rates and shuttle services.
Cost of parking at TUS
Do you see a parking option that looks suitable to your needs? Here is a look at the cost:
- Hourly Parking: At Tucson International Airport, the hourly parking rate is typically around $2 for the first 30 minutes, with rates increasing by the hour. After the initial 30 minutes, the cost can be approximately $1 per 15 minutes or around $12 per hour.
- Daily Parking: The daily parking lots offer a more affordable rate, usually around $10-$12 per day. This option is suitable for travelers going on short vacations or business trips.
- Economy Parking: The economy parking lots are the most budget-friendly choice at TUS. They cost roughly $4-$5 per day, making them a great option for travelers who plan to be away for an extended period.
- Valet Parking: Valet parking is the most expensive option, with rates often exceeding $20 per day. While it offers unparalleled convenience, it may not be the most economical choice for budget-conscious travelers.
Off-site parking at Tucson International Airport
You can book a parking spot at the luxurious Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport. This world-class hotel offers spaces for as little as $3.95 per day and you can make use of the following benefits:
- Free cancelation up until the start time of your booking.
- Only 0.2 miles from the airport.
- Airport shuttle.
- Hotel amenities like WiFi and bathrooms.
- Covered parking.
Saving Money on Airport Parking
While parking at Tucson International Airport can be costly, there are strategies to help travelers save money:
- Pre-Book: Many airports, including TUS, offer the option to pre-book parking online. By booking in advance, you may be eligible for discounts or special promotions, reducing your overall parking costs.
- Consider Off-Site Parking: Off-site parking facilities near the airport can often provide more affordable rates than on-site options. These facilities typically offer shuttle services to and from the airport, making them a convenient alternative.
- Use Public Transportation: If you live in the Tucson area, consider using public transportation to reach the airport. It can be a cost-effective way to avoid parking fees altogether.
- Carpool or Rideshare: Share the cost of parking with a friend or family member if you are traveling together. Alternatively, consider using rideshare services like Uber or Lyft for drop-off and pick-up to minimize your time in the airport parking lots.
- Frequent Flyer Programs: Some airports, including TUS, offer frequent flyer programs that allow travelers to accumulate points or receive discounts on parking. Check if you are eligible for such programs and take advantage of any perks they offer.
Parking costs at Tucson International Airport can be a significant expense for travelers, especially those on a tight budget. Understanding the various parking options available and their associated costs is essential for making informed decisions when planning your trip.
Whether you prioritize convenience or savings, there are strategies to help you manage your parking expenses effectively. By exploring pre-booking, off-site parking, and alternative transportation options, you can navigate the high costs of parking at TUS without breaking the bank, allowing you to focus on the excitement of your journey ahead.